PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
This notice applies to information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household, such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers (“personal information”). Personal information does not include publicly available information and certain other information that is regulated by other applicable laws.
Your rights Right to know
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection of your personal information. Upon our receipt of your verified request, we will provide you with:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we have collected your personal information.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our disclosures and sales of your personal information. We do not sell or share your personal information with third parties for compensation or other exchange of value.
Right to opt-out
We do not sell your personal information; however, we are required to let you know that you have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information if we ever engage in such activity.
Right to delete
You have the right at any time to request that we delete your personal information, subject to certain exceptions.
Right to nondiscrimination
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA, such as denying you products and services, charging you different rates or prices including use of discounts or penalties, or suggesting or providing a different level of service or quality of products to you. However, we may charge a different price or provide a different level or quality of products and services only if the price or difference is directly related to the value provided to you by your personal information.
We may offer you financial incentives, including payments to you as compensation, for collecting, selling, or deleting your personal information. We also may offer a different price, rate, level, or quality of goods or services to the consumer if that price or difference is directly related to the value provided to you by your data.
To submit a request to exercise any of your rights, please go to firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your request to CTAM. We will evaluate the request and take action where required to do so. You may also submit your request via the following phone number 301.485.8900.
Depending on the nature of your request, we may have to verify your identity when you contact us, which may include, at a minimum, verifying your name and email address.
We endeavor to respond to your request as soon as we can. If we are not able to respond to your request within 45 days, we will let you know that we may require additional time (up to 90 total days).
You may also use an authorized agent to exercise your rights on your behalf. If you wish to use an authorized agent, we require that your authorized agent provides written proof to us that he or she is authorized to act on your behalf, and we may also require your authorized agent to verify his or her own identity.
We are not able to respond to more than one “Right to Know” request from a consumer in any 12-month period.
Information we collect
We have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers in the last twelve (12) months:
- Identifiers (such as name, address, phone number, email and other contact details).
- Personal Information described in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e) (such name, signature, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, employment, employment history, passport number, identification details, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, other financial information).
- Commercial Information.
- Internet and other electronic network activity information (such as information about your mobile device, including type of mobile device you use, application vendor ID, your mobile device operating system, whether operating system restrictions have been bypassed, amount of free storage space on your device, and information about the way you use our mobile application).
- Professional or employment-related information (we collect information such as title/position, curriculum vitae, and work history).
Our sources for the above categories of personal information:
- We receive this information directly from you.
Our business purposes for collecting the above categories of personal information:
- To provide information that you request related to availability of services provided by our members.
- To advance or defend CTAM’s legal rights.
- To improve our customer support services.
- To administer and improve our mobile applications.
- For customer relationship management.
- For targeted marketing campaigns related to our membership’s business services.
- To improve our services and websites.
Effective date: January 1, 2023